SubjectRe: VM
> Why is the simple vm system still in place on the linus tree? I would think
> the smart vm system in the ac tree would be better suited to .. oh.. say ..
> everything. (The potential for less swapping is _always better_)

I've not reached any final conclusions on the VM - there are things that
Rik's VM shows up that look like the VM algorithm is right but it triggers
other stuff, and there are a couple of hackish bits left in still.

Smart is often good - especially given how slow disk seeks are. But smart is
not always best for any algorithm.