SubjectRe: TCP acking too fast

> I just checked and the 2.4 kernel doesn't have the PSH quickack check
> anymore,

Right, it is removed because all the PSHed packets are acked as soon
as rcvbuf is completely drained and window is full open.

See? It is the reason of "too frequent" ACKs and I daresay they
are not too frequent and it is impossible to do something with this.
These ACKs are an _absolute_ demand and delay by some small time
helps nothing destroying performance instead.

Well, it is the place, commented with "Dubious? ... final cut."
It is enough to delete it to avoid "too frequent" ACKs and to return
to too rare ACKs instead.