SubjectRe: Security question: "Text file busy" overwriting executables but not shared libraries?
On Sat, 13 Oct 2001, Linus Torvalds wrote:

> Trust me, MAP_COPY really _is_ stupid, and the Hurd is a piece of crap.

Isn't it a Mach thing ?

> People who think MAP_COPY is a good idea are people who cannot think about
> the implications of it, and cannot think about the alternatives.

I guess thinking about the implications will come when
the Hurd people seriously start porting their beast to
other microkernels, say L4 ;)

This should be a spectacle worth watching (from a safe

DMCA, SSSCA, W3C? Who cares? (volunteers needed)