SubjectRe: journaling and devel [was Re: Development Setups]

> I disagree.. With journal filesystem, when something is silently corrupting
> your disk, you'll never know. With ext2, you sometimes sync & reset to make
> sure your disks are still healthy. I would not recommend journaling on
> experimental boxes.
> Pavel

On the otherhand I have found the main problem with using XFS on development
platforms is that you do not test the kernel shutdown code very much.
It is much faster to just reset the box than to do a shutdown, and it
does not make a difference when you bring it back up.

Steve

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:08    [W:0.044 / U:0.240 seconds]