lkml.org 
[lkml]   [2001]   [Oct]   [11]   [last100]   RSS Feed
Views: [wrap][no wrap]   [headers]  [forward] 
 
Messages in this thread
/
Date
From
SubjectRe: scsi/hdd problem...
On Thu, Oct 11, 2001 at 04:06:28PM +0200, Cristian CONSTANTIN wrote:

Same problem appeared here, seems to be a faulty firmware of my Quantum drive. As you have a IBM drive look for firmware upgrades, maybe it helps :) Also try a boot with aic7xxx=verbose as a kernel-parameter.


> scsi gurus please help! today my kernel barked like:
>
> Oct 11 15:05:07 terix kernel: Recovery code sleeping
> Oct 11 15:05:07 terix kernel: (scsi0:A:3:0): Abort Tag Message Sent
> Oct 11 15:05:07 terix kernel: (scsi0:A:3:0): SCB 116 - Abort Tag Completed.
> Oct 11 15:05:07 terix kernel: Recovery SCB completes
> Oct 11 15:05:07 terix kernel: Recovery code awake
> Oct 11 15:05:07 terix kernel: aic7xxx_abort returns 8194
> Oct 11 15:05:07 terix kernel: scsi0:0:3:0: Attempting to queue an ABORT message
> Oct 11 15:05:07 terix kernel: (scsi0:A:3:0): Queuing a recovery SCB
> Oct 11 15:05:07 terix kernel: scsi0:0:3:0: Device is disconnected, re-queuing SCB
> Oct 11 15:05:07 terix kernel: Recovery code sleeping
> Oct 11 15:05:07 terix kernel: (scsi0:A:3:0): Abort Tag Message Sent
> Oct 11 15:05:07 terix kernel: (scsi0:A:3:0): SCB 107 - Abort Tag Completed.
> Oct 11 15:05:07 terix kernel: Recovery SCB completes
> Oct 11 15:05:07 terix kernel: Recovery code awake
> Oct 11 15:05:07 terix kernel: aic7xxx_abort returns 8194
> Oct 11 15:05:07 terix kernel: scsi0:0:3:0: Attempting to queue an ABORT message
> Oct 11 15:05:07 terix kernel: (scsi0:A:3:0): Queuing a recovery SCB
> Oct 11 15:05:07 terix kernel: scsi0:0:3:0: Device is disconnected, re-queuing SCB
>
> and the machine froze for a couple of minutes. in short I have
> a Tyan motherbaord with Athlon SMP support and ADAPTEC SCSI onboard,
> kernel version :
>
> 2.4.10-xfs #1 SMP Wed Sep 26 09:44:28 CEST 2001 i686 unknown

<-- BIG SNIP -->

--
Cliff Albert | RIPE: CA3348-RIPE | www.oisec.net
cliff@oisec.net | 6BONE: CA2-6BONE | icq 18461740
-
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in
the body of a message to majordomo@vger.kernel.org
More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html
Please read the FAQ at http://www.tux.org/lkml/

\
 
 \ /
  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:08    [W:0.032 / U:2.112 seconds]
©2003-2020 Jasper Spaans|hosted at Digital Ocean and TransIP|Read the blog|Advertise on this site