SubjectRe: [PLEASE-TESTME] Zerocopy networking patch, 2.4.0-1
On Tue, 9 Jan 2001, Linus Torvalds wrote:

> The _lower-level_ stuff (ie TCP and the drivers) want the "array of
> tuples", and again, they do NOT want an array of pages, because if
> somebody does two sendfile() calls that fit in one packet, it really needs
> an array of tuples.

A kiobuf simply provides that tuple plus the completion callback. Stick a
bunch of them together and you've got a kiovec. I don't see the advantage
of moving to simpler primatives if they don't provide needed

> In short, the kiobuf interface is _always_ the wrong one.

Please tell me what you think the right interface is that provides a hook
on io completion and is asynchronous.