    SubjectRe: storage over IP (was Re: [PLEASE-TESTME] Zerocopy networking patch,
    > fixed length headers).  i've never investigated the actual protocols
    > though so maybe the solution used was to just push a lot of the detail
    > down into the controllers.

    The stuff I have access to (MPT fusion) pushes the FC handling down onto the
    board. Basically you talk scsi and IP to it (See drivers/message/fusion in

    > <>
    > show that both use TCP/IP. TCP/IP has variable length headers (or am i on
    > crack?), which totally complicates the receive path.

    TCP has variable length headers. It also prevents you re-ordering commands
    in the stream which would be beneficial. I've not checked if the draft uses
    multiple TCP streams but then you have scaling questions.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:28    [W:0.019 / U:12.312 seconds]