SubjectRe: storage over IP (was Re: [PLEASE-TESTME] Zerocopy networking patch,
I haven't tracked the IP storage group too closely, but was at the San Diego IETF
where there were some interesting debates about this issue.

There is a write-up at

Now I'm not sure if I agree with some of the assumptions. And I share your concern
about using multiple tcp streams.

--- Alan Cox <> wrote:
> > <>
> > show that both use TCP/IP. TCP/IP has variable length headers (or am i on
> > crack?), which totally complicates the receive path.
> TCP has variable length headers. It also prevents you re-ordering commands
> in the stream which would be beneficial. I've not checked if the draft uses
> multiple TCP streams but then you have scaling questions.
> Alan

Do You Yahoo!?