    SubjectRe: storage over IP (was Re: [PLEASE-TESTME] Zerocopy networking patch,
    I haven't tracked the IP storage group too closely, but was at the San Diego IETF
    where there were some interesting debates about this issue.

    There is a write-up at

    Now I'm not sure if I agree with some of the assumptions. And I share your concern
    about using multiple tcp streams.

    --- Alan Cox <> wrote:
    > > <>
    > > show that both use TCP/IP. TCP/IP has variable length headers (or am i on
    > > crack?), which totally complicates the receive path.
    > TCP has variable length headers. It also prevents you re-ordering commands
    > in the stream which would be beneficial. I've not checked if the draft uses
    > multiple TCP streams but then you have scaling questions.
    > Alan

    Do You Yahoo!?

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:28    [W:0.021 / U:15.788 seconds]