SubjectRe: ramfs problem... (unlink of sparse file in "D" state)
> There is code to support this in 2.4.0-ac4 -- initially I didn't like
> the way Alan had done things (I was think -EFBIG should be used only
> for LFS violations) but after some thought has decided that what he
> has makes a lot of sense.

Its based on the docs I have + a test program for the non LFS/limit cases that
sct provided. -ac4 isnt quite compliant (sends SIGXFZ on a short write case
which is wrong and also doesnt do a write partiall overlapping the disk limit)

-ac5 should fix those

> The only time this won't work is if some complex criteria allows some
> files to be larger than others, in which case -- we add a callback to
> the fs.

You don't need to add the callback. Set the limit infinite and handle it in your
truncate and writing paths.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 12:52    [W:0.051 / U:3.024 seconds]