    > From: Christoph Hellwig <>
    > don't you think the writepage file operation is rather hackish?
    > Not at all, it's simply direct sendfile support. It does
    > not try to be any fancier than that.

    I really think the zerocopy network stuff should be ported
    to kiobuf proper.

    The usefulness of the patch you posted is rather .. umm ..
    limited. Having proper kiobuf support would make it possible
    to, for example, do zerocopy network->disk data transfers
    and lots of other things.

    Furthermore, by using kiobuf for the network zerocopy stuff
    there's a good chance the networking code will be integrated.
    Otherwise we just might end up with a zero-copy-for-everything-
    except-networking Linux 2.5 kernel ;)

      Last update: 2005-03-22 12:52    [W:0.020 / U:3.756 seconds]