    SubjectRe: ramfs problem... (unlink of sparse file in "D" state)

    On Mon, 8 Jan 2001, Alan Cox wrote:

    > > > Why not start to fix this problem outside the funny switch/case in glibc ?
    > > > The filesystem itself should able to handle this.
    > >
    > > Sigh... And the API would be?
    >
    > In SuS its pathconf()

    Which happens to be remarkably ugly. And it will not get better tomoorow...

    I _really_ don't think that this barfbag should make its way into the
    kernel API. Some parts of information make sense. Some don't. API is...
    well, "int name" with a bunch of constatnts is a dead giveaway in itself.

    If anything, we might want a mount-ID created upon mount(2) and never
    reused + pseudo-fs a-la /proc that would give access to per-mount data.
    That might be more or less reasonable, but that would also require
    returning such ID from stat()...

      Last update: 2005-03-22 12:52    [W:0.033 / U:0.580 seconds]