SubjectRe: ramfs problem... (unlink of sparse file in "D" state)

On Mon, 8 Jan 2001, Alan Cox wrote:

> > > Why not start to fix this problem outside the funny switch/case in glibc ?
> > > The filesystem itself should able to handle this.
> >
> > Sigh... And the API would be?
>
> In SuS its pathconf()

Which happens to be remarkably ugly. And it will not get better tomoorow...

I _really_ don't think that this barfbag should make its way into the
kernel API. Some parts of information make sense. Some don't. API is...
well, "int name" with a bunch of constatnts is a dead giveaway in itself.

If anything, we might want a mount-ID created upon mount(2) and never
reused + pseudo-fs a-la /proc that would give access to per-mount data.
That might be more or less reasonable, but that would also require
returning such ID from stat()...

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans