    From: Greg KH [mailto:greg@wirex.com]
    Sent: Friday, January 05, 2001 1:01 PM
    To: Heitzso
    Cc: 'antirez@invece.org'; 'linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org'; 'Johannes
    Erdfelt'
    Subject: Re: USB broken in 2.4.0

    On Fri, Jan 05, 2001 at 12:38:25PM -0500, Heitzso wrote:
    > I just tested with fresh-out-of-the-box
    > 2.4.0 and using the newer libusb 0.1.2
    > as suggested by antirez (see email chain
    > below for more info). I compiled libusb
    > and s10sh code this AM under 2.4.0.
    >
    > It blows up BAD by finding increasingly
    > larger photo images in the camera over
    > the usb link and extracting them to disk.
    > So by the third file you're trying to
    > extract gig sized files. Obviously the
    > filesystem files up, the sytem chokes, etc.
    >
    > This is the same code that works fine
    > under 2.2.18 kernel (I use it all of the
    > time there).

    I made the same request to Jordan Mendelson yesterday, who has the same
    problem. Could you be so kind as to try to narrow down which kernel
    version this broke on? I have reports that it used to work on -test9
    but doesn't now. Could you try -test10, etc and let me know?

    thanks,

    greg k-h

    --
    greg@(kroah|wirex).com