SubjectRe: ftruncate returning EPERM on vfat filesystem
> +
> + /* FAT cannot truncate to a longer file */
> + if (attr->ia_valid & ATTR_SIZE) {
> + if (attr->ia_size > inode->i_size)
> + return -EPERM;
> + }
>
> error = inode_change_ok(inode, attr);
> if (error)
>
> Can someone tell me if this is the cause of my samba problems, and if
> so, why this was added and if this is safe to revert?

To stop a case where the fs gets corrupted otherwise. You can change that to
return 0 which is more correct but most not remove it.

(ftruncate is specified to make the file at most length bytes long, extending
the file is not a guaranteed side effect according to the docs I have)

  Last update: 2005-03-22 12:52    [W:0.029 / U:0.760 seconds]