SubjectRe: Patch (repost): cramfs memory corruption fix
> >ramfs croaks with 'kernel BUG in filemap.c line 2559' anytime I make a
> >file in ac2 and ac3. Works fine in 2.4.0 vanilla. Should be quite
> >repeatable...

I'll take a look at the ramfs one. I may have broken something else when fixing
everything else with ramfs (like unlink) crashing

> This sounds like a bug that I posted a fix for a long time ago.
> cramfs calls bforget on the superblock area, destroying that block of
> the ramdisk, even when the ramdisk does not contain a cramfs file system.
> Normally, bforget is called on block that really can be trashed,
> such as blocks release by truncate or unlink. If it worked for
> you before, you were just getting lucky. Here is the patch.
>
> Linus, please consider applying this. Thank you.

This isnt the fix. If -ac also fails well it contains this cramfs fix. So
there must be other problems

Alan

  Last update: 2005-03-22 12:52    [W:0.173 / U:2.344 seconds]