   Date:   Sat, 6 Jan 2001 23:00:10 -0500 (EST)
From: jamal <hadi@cyberus.ca>

I think someone should just flush ifconfig down some toilet. a wrapper
around "ip" to to give the same look and feel as ifconfig would be a good
thing so that some stupid program that depends on ifconfig look and feel
would be a good start.

I could not agree more. This reminds me to do something I could not
justify before, making netlink be enabled in the kernel and
non-configurable.

I could almost, but not quite, justify it right now just because "ip"
is becomming standard and needs it.

Not to stray from the subject, Ben's effort is still needed. I think real
numbers are useful instead of claims like it "displayed faster"

See my previous email, if it's just slow because of some poorly coded
version of ifconfig, it does not justify the patch. If only a
forcefully created "benchmark" can show some performance problem, that
is not an acceptable reason to champion this patch. Ok?

Later,
David S. Miller
davem@redhat.com

  Last update: 2005-03-22 12:52    [W:0.182 / U:0.360 seconds]