On Sun, 7 Jan 2001, Andi Kleen wrote:

> Does it make any significant different with the ifconfig from newest nettools? I
> removed a quadratic algorithm from ifconfig's device parsing, and with that I was
> able to display a few thousand alias devices on a unpatched kernel in reasonable time.

I think someone should just flush ifconfig down some toilet. a wrapper
around "ip" to to give the same look and feel as ifconfig would be a good
thing so that some stupid program that depends on ifconfig look and feel
would be a good start.

Not to stray from the subject, Ben's effort is still needed. I think real
numbers are useful instead of claims like it "displayed faster"

cheers,
jamal

  Last update: 2005-03-22 12:52    [W:0.105 / U:9.184 seconds]