SubjectRe: Even slower NFS mounting with 2.4.0
Hrm. I'm not seeing this problem on my setups.

Did you send details about your configurationlast time .. Could you
resend?

Christian Ullrich wrote:

> Hello!
>
> About three weeks ago, I complained loudly about very slow NFS mounts
> involving a 2.2.17 server and a 2.2.18 client.
>
> Today, I complain loudly about *extremely* slow NFS mounts
> with the very same server and the same client now running 2.4.0.
>
> Using 2.2.18, every mount took about 15 seconds, now, using 2.4.0,
> every mount takes exactly five minutes, which is way too long.
>
> According to syslog, the server begins and completes its operations
> related to the mount in under one second, so it seems to me that
> mount on the client just takes a nap in D state.
> Although the messages in the client's syslog look critical to me,
> once the fs is mounted, it works fine.
>
> Syslog on client:
>
> Jan 6 00:18:06 c kernel: portmap: server localhost not responding, timed out
> Jan 6 00:19:46 c kernel: portmap: server localhost not responding, timed out
> Jan 6 00:19:46 c kernel: lockd_up: makesock failed, error=-5
> Jan 6 00:21:26 c kernel: portmap: server localhost not responding, timed out
>
> I called the mount command five minutes before the final message above.
>
> I tried NFS with and without NFSv3 code, with no change at all.
>
> Please help me.

Mohammad A. Haque http://www.haque.net/
mhaque@haque.net

"Alcohol and calculus don't mix. Project Lead
Don't drink and derive." --Unknown http://wm.themes.org/
batmanppc@themes.org