    SubjectRe: kernel network problem ?

    > Hi all,
    >
    > I'm testing 2.4 series for few weeks,
    > even the last prerelease
    >
    > I've seen stranges things :
    >
    > I cannot access to some ips adresses ! :
    > in http or in smtp using "konqueror", "netscape",
    > "mail", "telnet 25".
    >
    > I cannot login to hotmail (in the web page:http)
    > or send mail (smtp) to hotmail users (don't blame me !!)
    > All the others network things works well, the network in general seems
    > good only very few sites like hotmail doesn't works.
    >
    > And only with 2.4 series !! not with 2.2 ...
    >
    > maybe it's a glibc or kernel issue, I'dont know.
    > I have an intel SMP motherboard connected to the net (cable)
    > with a PCI realtek 8019.
    >
    > I didn't analyse packets sent. If somebody else have the
    > same problems ...
    >
    > Nicolas.
    >
    > Sorry for my poor english.
    >
    > PS: funny "bug" isn't it ? (hotmail !)
    > PS2: thanks for all, very good job done,
    > 2.4 is very fast and seems stable.

    I noticed the same bug. This is very weired, I can send a list of sites
    which I can't connect anymore. I've "solved" the problem by installing a
    gateway onto a 2.2.18 with a squid on it, so this is the squid which is
    doing the http's traffic for my 2.4.0 box.

    I though it was a misconfiguration from my side but wasn't able to detect
    it.

    Perhaps it's linked...

    Regards,

    -- Nicolas Noble

      Last update: 2005-03-22 12:52    [W:3.159 / U:0.096 seconds]