SubjectRE: ACPI in Via Apollo (vt82C686) broken badly in 2.4.x ?
Date
> From: safemode [mailto:safemode@voicenet.com]

> Well, it seems the only way to look at sensor readings with
> lmsensors is
> to activate acpi in linux for my motherboard.

Can you please send me the output from dmesg, as well as /proc/interrupts? I
don't think anyone's tried lmsensors and acpi. It may be that they will need
some work to coexist..

> According to
> the docs, my
> motherboard is supposed to be supported and is detected when linux
> boots, the problem comes when i try to move the mouse (in console and
> X). It totally flips out, i get irregular mouse movement across the
> screen and button clicks when i just barely touched it. It
> is directly
> related to enabling acpi so i was wondering if anyone else
> has had this
> problem and if there was/is a fix for it or if it's a bug right now.
> If there is specific debugging info that i can get to help, tell me
> where... dmesg just shows successful messages.

Never seen that before.. does /proc/interrupts indicate mouse driver and
acpi are sharing one?

Regards -- Andy (ACPI maintainer)

  Last update: 2005-03-22 12:52    [W:0.024 / U:1.608 seconds]