> And one more point for the Janitor's list:
> Get rid of superflous irqsave()/irqrestore()'s - in 90% of the cases
> either spin_lock_irq() or spin_lock() is sufficient. That's both faster
> and better readable.

Expect me to drop any submissions that do this. I'd rather take the two
clock hit in most cases because the effect of spin_lock_irq() being used
and people then changing which functions call each other and producing
impossible to debug irq mishandling cases is unacceptable.

The original Linux network code did this with sti() not save/restore flags.
I've been there before, I am not going to allow a rerun of that disaster for
a few cycles