SubjectRe: Multiple SCSI host adapters, naming of attached devices

On Wed, 31 Jan 2001 01:05:51 Andreas Dilger wrote:

> If you are using ext2 filesystems, you don't care which is which, because
> you can mount by filesystem UUID or LABEL, so just ignore the device
> names.
> The same is true with LVM.

Well, I tried changing the order of driver loading in driver/scsi/hosts.c
after reading something on the web but that didn't work.

Then I tried what you (and another kind soul) suggested, i.e. mount by
label, and the machine fails to mount the / filesystem read-write on boot,
though I can do it manually. This is a Debian potato system. Well, I'm
tired and I've had too much wine and whisky so I am going to bed, but I
will attack this afresh tomorrow night...

Thanks for the advice, perhaps I'll need more tomorrow :)

Michael Pacey
ICQ: 105498469

wd21 ltd - world domination in the 21st century