    SubjectRe: Multiple SCSI host adapters, naming of attached devices

    On Wed, 31 Jan 2001 01:05:51 Andreas Dilger wrote:

    > If you are using ext2 filesystems, you don't care which is which, because
    > you can mount by filesystem UUID or LABEL, so just ignore the device
    > names.
    > The same is true with LVM.

    Well, I tried changing the order of driver loading in driver/scsi/hosts.c
    after reading something on the web but that didn't work.

    Then I tried what you (and another kind soul) suggested, i.e. mount by
    label, and the machine fails to mount the / filesystem read-write on boot,
    though I can do it manually. This is a Debian potato system. Well, I'm
    tired and I've had too much wine and whisky so I am going to bed, but I
    will attack this afresh tomorrow night...

    Thanks for the advice, perhaps I'll need more tomorrow :)

    --
    Michael Pacey
    michael@wd21.co.uk

    wd21 ltd - world domination in the 21st century