SubjectRe: Happy new year^H^H^H^Hkernel..
Date
Kai Germaschewski writes:
> The patch is right, the explanation was wrong. Sorry, I didn't CC l-k when
> I found what was really going on. Other source files used a global
> initialized variable "divert_if" as well, so this became the same one as
> the one referenced in isdn_common.c. That's why it wasn't zero, it was
> explicitly initialized elsewhere. However, making divert_if static in
> isdn_common.c fixes the problem, because now it's really local to this
> file and therefore initialized to NULL.

Maybe someone should compile the kernel with everything built in and
-fno-common to catch stuff like this? Maybe we should always compile
the kernel with -fno-common?
_____
| | | | http://www.arm.linux.org.uk/personal/aboutme.html / / |
/ | THE developer of ARM Linux |+| /|\

  Last update: 2005-03-22 12:52    [W:0.045 / U:0.060 seconds]