lkml.org 
[lkml]   [2001]   [Jan]   [3]   [last100]   RSS Feed
Views: [wrap][no wrap]   [headers]  [forward] 
 
Messages in this thread
/
Date
From
SubjectRe: scheduling problem?
On Tue, 2 Jan 2001, Linus Torvalds wrote:

> On Wed, 3 Jan 2001, Mike Galbraith wrote:
> >
> > No difference (except more context switching as expected)
>
> What about the current prerelese patch in testing? It doesn't switch to
> bdflush at all, but instead does the buffer cleaning by hand.

99% gone. The remaining 1% is refill_freelist(). If I use
flush_dirty_buffers() there instead of waiting, I have no more
semaphore timeouts (so far.. not thoroughly pounded upon). Without
that change, I still take hits. (in my tinker tree, I usually
make a 'small flush' mode for flush_dirty_buffers() to do that)

Feel is _vastly_ improved.

-Mike

-
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in
the body of a message to majordomo@vger.kernel.org
Please read the FAQ at http://www.tux.org/lkml/

\
 
 \ /
  Last update: 2005-03-22 12:52    [W:0.057 / U:3.516 seconds]
©2003-2018 Jasper Spaans|hosted at Digital Ocean and TransIP|Read the blog|Advertise on this site