    SubjectRe: More on the VIA KT133 chipset misbehaving in Linux
    safemode wrote:
    > Adrian Cox wrote:
    > > Dylan Griffiths wrote:
    > > > 1) PS/2 mouse cursor randomly jumps to upper right hand corner of screen and
    > > > locks for a bit
    > > This happens to me about once a month on a BX chipset PII machine here,
    > > and on a KT133 chipset machine I have. I have to hit ctrl-alt-backspace
    > > to regain control of the console. I always assumed it was a bug in X,
    > > but it never caused me enough trouble to actually make me pursue it.
    > turn off gpm.. fixes the mouse problem immediately. as in killall -9 gpm
    > before starting X.

    I don't even have gpm installed on these machines, precisely for this
    reason. Whatever it is, it isn't gpm. But I also believe it isn't Via,
    and I'm not convinced that it's the kernel.

    - Adrian Cox

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:24    [W:0.022 / U:0.900 seconds]