SubjectRE: 2.4.0-test12: SiS pirq handling..
Date
> Despite the latest ACPI update, I still get the ACPI slowdown on
> initialisation which started with the -pre10 changes. Also, the uhci
> module doesn't work for me (the latest patch from Johannes
> Erdfelt does
> work). This is an Abit KA7-100, which has the KX133 chipset. Here is
> the dmesg output for this kernel (I had to turn off ACPI in
> the BIOS in
> order to have a usable system):

Hi Adam. I am working right now on improving acpi idle. However, I'm
somewhat confused by the trace below which includes:

> ACPI: System description tables not found

The ACPI driver's thread *should* then exit, and never register as the idle
handler. My next update will also have some more diagnostic printk's so
hopefully that will help, because right now I can't see how we can be
failing to find tables, yet still registering as the idle handler.

I'll look at it tomorrow morning, and maybe then it will be obvious. ;-)

Regards -- Andy

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:25    [W:0.023 / U:0.124 seconds]