    SubjectXFS file system Pre-Release

    SGI has made available the pre-release version 0.9 of its high-end XFS file
    system ported to Linux®. Code and detailed information are at

    Thanks to the extensive interest and contributions from the community, the
    XFS file system for Linux has made significant progress since its Beta
    release in September 2000. Although there are still some features to be
    finalized, the pre-release code is currently stable in a majority of normal
    environments. We welcome and encourage interested users to try out the code
    aggressively in your test environments, so that we can work through the
    final stage of the development and bug fixes to meet your production needs.

    SGI XFS Pre-release 0.9 is available in the following three fashions:
    · As a patch against linux-2.4.0.
    · As a set of RPMs.
    · As a complete system installer which works with Red Hat 7.0 media to run
    XFS on the root partition.

    We will be demonstrating XFS as the root file system for high availability
    and clustering solutions in SGI systems at LinuxWorld New York from January
    31 to February 2. Free XFS CDs will also be available at LinuxWorld.

    For more information on the open source project of XFS for Linux, please see

    Thanks very much - please email me at if you have any

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:25    [W:0.020 / U:93.680 seconds]