SubjectRe: Knowing what options a kernel was compiled with
Date
On Sun, 28 Jan 2001 00:13:48 -0500,
"Matthew Pitts" <mpitts@suite224.net> wrote:
>Some distributions DO include the config. It may be located
>in the /boot dir with a name CONFIG-2.2.10 or similar. I
>know that Caldera 2.3 shiped that way(2.4 may also). If you
>have the install CDROM, the kernel source install may have
>it (e.g. Linux-Mandrake 7.x).

I know that some distributions ship .config but not all do. A long way
down on my TODO list is "submit a requirement to FHS that .config,
System.map and other kernel related text files must be shipped in
directory <foo>". I would like <foo> to be /lib/modules/`uname -r`
since that directory is already kernel specific, but we have to handle
kernels without modules and disks with restricted size in /lib.
However that discussion is best held on the FHS/LSB lists, not l-k.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:24    [W:0.051 / U:5.188 seconds]