SubjectRE: Is this kernel related (signal 11)?
Date
As per Russell King's suggestion, I ran memtest86 on my system for about 12
hours last night. I found no memory errors. Note that the tests did not
complete because I had to stop them this morning. I'll contiue them tonight.
They got through test 9 of 11.

As per David Ford's suggestion, I am looking into upgrading to glibc 2.2.1.
Can someone please give hints on doing this. I tried to upgrade to 2.2 a few
weeks ago and after the 'make install' and then reboot my system was very
broken and I had to reinstall the RedHat glibc RPM from CD to recover. I
found a howto but it seems pretty old. How do other people do this?

I've also done a strace on X. Now what do I do with this 4 MB log file?

Thanks,

--Rainer

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:18    [W:0.159 / U:2.832 seconds]