SubjectRe: Is this kernel related (signal 11)?
On Mon, 22 Jan 2001, Rainer Mager wrote:

> I brought up this issue last month and had some response but as
> of yet my particular problem still exists. In brief, X windows dies
> with signal 11. I have done quite a bit of testing and this does not
> seem to be a hardware issue. Also, I have never managed to get a
> signal 11 error when not running X.

Would this be an SMP IA32 box with glibc 2.2? I have two such boxen
showing exactly the same behaviour, although I can't reproduce it at will.

It happens even when I use the same kernel and XFree86 binaries which were
working perfectly before the upgrade. The LDT handling fixes which were
added between 2.4.0-prerelease and the real 2.4.0 appeared to make this
_slightly_ less frequent, but I still rarely have an X server uptime of
more than a few days.

--
dwmw2