    SubjectRe: [linux-audio-dev] low-latency scheduling patch for 2.4.0
    On Sat, 20 Jan 2001 yodaiken@fsmlabs.com wrote:
    > Let me just point out that Nigel (I think) has previously stated that
    > the purpose of this approach is to bring the stunning success of
    > IRIX style "RT" to Linux. Since some of us believe that IRIX is a virtual
    > handbook of OS errors, it really comes down to a design style. I think
    > that simplicity and "does the main job well" wins every time over
    > "really cool algorithms" and "does everything badly". Others
    > disagree.

    Let me just point out that Victor has his own commercial axe to grind in
    his continual bad-mouthing of IRIX, the internals of which he knows
    nothing about.

    Nigel Gamble nigel@nrg.org
    Mountain View, CA, USA. http://www.nrg.org/

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:13    [W:0.021 / U:63.128 seconds]