    SubjectRe: Chipsets, DVD-RAM, and timeouts....
    On Mon, Jan 01 2001, Alan Cox wrote:
    > > for FAT etc when reading. Writing is a bit more difficult, as that
    > > then turns out to generate a read before we can commit a dirty
    > > block. IMO, this type of thing does not belong in the drivers --
    > > we should _never_ receive request for < hard block size.
    >
    > Unfortunately someone ripped the support out from 2.2 to do this, then didnt
    > fix it. So right now 2.4 is useless to anyone with an M/O drive.

    It wasn't deliberately ripped out, it just vanished when Eric started
    his SCSI rewrite in 2.3 :-). For 2.5 I would really like the change
    mentioned earlier -- make sure that no block drivers should have to
    deal with any request for smaller sector sizes than their hw sector
    size. For 2.4, I guess I can apply much the same fix for MO as I did
    for CD-ROM.

    --
    * Jens Axboe <axboe@suse.de>
    * SuSE Labs