    SubjectRe: VIA chipset discussion
    On Fri, Jan 19, 2001 at 11:42:01AM -0500, John O'Donnell wrote:
    > Vojtech Pavlik wrote:

    > > > I'm seeing the same mouse problems... fine under 2.2.x, but jumps around under
    > > > a couple of 2.4.x releases (2.4.0-test6, IIRC, and 2.4.1-pre7). I find it odd
    > > > that if it isn't a kernel-related problem, that it's only manifesting itself
    > > > under 2.4.
    > > >
    > > > I'm running a slot A athlon on an abit KA7-100.
    > >
    > > My bet is ACPI/powermanagement messing with it ...
    >
    > Forgive me. I know _nothing_ about Power Management resources.
    > What kind of resouces would PM use to interfere with the mouse.
    > FYI I have power management turned off in my BIOS and in the kernel
    > I have CONFIG_APM and ONLY CONFIG_APM_REAL_MODE_POWER_OFF.
    > How does that compare with the rest of you?

    The same for me if I remember correctly (I've been dinking around on the
    linux side of my box sparingly with X not working correctly), though I
    might have compiled in some other ACPI stuff if I thought it looked cool
    (heh). My trouble is that I figure that the kernel must have _something_
    to do with it since my problem got slightly better since upgrading from
    2.2.18 to 2.4.0. just my .02

    Matthew Fredrickson

      Last update: 2005-03-22 12:52    [W:0.025 / U:32.756 seconds]