SubjectRe: File System Corruption with 2.2.18

> But it works on all ATA disks? Does it work for SCSI as well?

The KIOBUFS version may, but not the taskfile version.

> I think it would be cool if you'd make it available (on linux-ide.org?),
> so that people install servers (and anybody who _cares_) could test their
> hardware/driver combination before starting using the box.

who is going to ship install images with this kernel code added and the
most dangerous feature ever create eanble?

> Now we have memtest86, cpuburn (what more). It would be nice to have a
> good (if not complete) test set to run on each new linux box. It's not
> nice to use the box for a month and then go "f..., this box has faulty
> memory!" or ..."faulty disk!". Yes, that's what's happened to all of us.
>
> It's much nicer to get a warranty replacement, when you don't have any
> data on the disk.

It can do that without a file system also.... ;-)

Andre Hedrick
Linux ATA Development

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:13    [W:0.122 / U:2.084 seconds]