SubjectRe: [off topic] Re: .br blacklisted ?
Date
On Fri, 19 Jan 2001 03:53:32 +0000, you, David Ford <david@linux.com>,
wrote:

>So you can't fault John for personally effecting a policy similar to what
>ORBS does en masse.

Of course I can. A bad implementation is a bad implementation.
MAPS/ORBS is and has been a royal screwup from the word 'go', and it's
only getting worse with time. Great idea, miserable execution. It is
_not_ the answer, and IMO it's worse than nothing at all. I set up my
own mailserver because my ISP decided to institute stupid stuff like
this (and worse).

My statement still stands. John has obviously annoyed several folks
with this approach to filtering, and has been borderline belligerent
about it. That is not the approach to use when you're approaching
people for help.
--
Brad Felmey