    SubjectRe: [PLEASE-TESTME] Zerocopy networking patch, 2.4.0-1
    On Wed, 10 Jan 2001, Christoph Hellwig wrote:

    > Simple. Because I stated before that I DON'T even want the
    > networking to use kiobufs in lower layers. My whole argument is
    > to pass a kiovec into the fileop instead of a page, because it
    > makes sense for other drivers to use multiple pages,

    Now wouldn't it be great if we had one type of data
    structure that would work for both the network layer
    and the block layer (and v4l, ...) ?

    If we constantly need to convert between zerocopy
    metadata type, I'm sure we'll lose most of the performance
    gain we started this whole idea for in the first place.

    cheers,

    Rik

    http://www.surriel.com/
    http://www.conectiva.com/ http://distro.conectiva.com.br/