    SubjectVIA chipset discussion

    Could those that were involved in the VIA chipset discussion email me
    privately at

    I'm truly interested in solving this issue. I personally think it's more
    than just the chipset causing the problems.

    I'm looking for members of the list that are using the kernel support for
    the following

    VIA chipset
    Promise controller (PDC2026# with specifics on the PDC20265 (ATA100))
    SMP support
    IDE + SCSI mix in the system.

    I'm trying to track a number of POSSIBLE bugs (can't say they are for
    sure) and any input from folks with this mix of drivers would be
    exponentially useful, even if for nothing more than discounting some of my

    Also, can anyone summurize the already known and specific problems with
    combinations of the above requirements? I would truly appreciate that.

    David D.W. Downey

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:13    [W:0.027 / U:82.456 seconds]