SubjectRe: File System Corruption with 2.2.18
> > > maybe but why?
> >
> > Because it stores no data, hence the wiping out of it is no problem?
>
> Well that is useless test them because you can not test things completely.

I ment that if the partiton has no persient data on it then the test can
be run (the test wipes all data on the partition out during the test,
right?) with no loss of data on the machine. The partition is still on the
same disk so the test data is valid?

I am thinking that the test is somewhat like badblocks -w or have I got
the wrong end of the stick?

--
Tim Fletcher - Network manager .~.
/V\ L I N U X

"I love the way Microsoft follows standards. In much the
same manner that fish follow migrating caribou."
Paul Tomblin

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:25    [W:0.132 / U:2.648 seconds]