SubjectRe: Linux not adhering to BIOS Drive boot order?
From
[Venkatesh Ramamurthy]
> [Venkatesh Ramamurthy] I think there should be a better way to handle
> this , compiling is one of the options, but an end-user should not
> think of compiling. The end user needs to put an another card and
> connect drives and get his system up and running. He should not think
> of compiling the drivers, if it is already part of the kernel /
> initrd to get his system running.

You seem to be full of things that "we" can implement. So I just have
to wonder: do you by any chance have some prototype code somewhere to
figure out, reliably, which SCSI cards have BIOS extensions enabled,
and the order they hook in?

Peter

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:22    [W:0.115 / U:0.724 seconds]