    SubjectOops with 4GB memory setting in 2.4.0 stable
    Date
    Hi all,

    I have a 100% reproducable bug in all of the 2.4.0 kernels including the
    latest stable one. The issue is that if I compile the kernel to support 4GB
    RAM (I have 1 GB) and then try to access a samba mount I get an oops. This
    ALWAYS happens. Usually after this the system is frozen (although the magic
    SYSREQ still works). If the system isn't frozen then any commands that
    access the disk will freeze. Fortunately GPM worked and I was able to paste
    the oops to a file via telnet.

    Attached is my oops.txt and the result sent through ksymoops. The results
    don't look particularly useful to me so perhaps I'm doing something wrong.
    PLEASE tell me if I should parse this differently. Likewise, if there is
    anything else I can do to help debug this, please tell me.

    --Rainer

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:17    [W:0.038 / U:0.756 seconds]