    SubjectRe: MTRR type AMD Duron/intel ?
    On Mon, 15 Jan 2001, Linus Torvalds wrote:
    > On Mon, 15 Jan 2001, Tobias Ringstrom wrote:
    > >
    > > Last time I checked this was issued for perfectly known and valid bridges
    > > that advertice no IO resources. Isn't it a bit silly to issue that
    > > warning for that case, or am I missing something?
    > Ehh - so what do they bridge, then?
    > I'd say that a bridge that doesn't seem to bridge any IO or MEM region,
    > yet has stuff behind it, THAT is the silly thing. Thus the "silly"
    > warning.

    I'm talking about bridges that bridge memory, but not io, which is quite
    common. (AGP bridges)

    I do not have my PCI book right now, but there are two registers,
    basically io_base and io_limit, and if io_limit == io_base-1, that means
    that no io is bridged.

    I still think its silly. ;-)

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:17    [W:0.031 / U:187.928 seconds]