SubjectRe: FS corruption on 2.4.0-ac8
On Monday January 15, marcelo@conectiva.com.br wrote:

> On Mon, 15 Jan 2001, Jure Pecar wrote:
>

> > There is something not that usual about my setup: i run raid1 /boot and
> > raid5 root with one disk disconnected (its simply too loud...), so the
> > array is in degraded mode all the time. Other hardware is more or less
> > standard, p200 classic, 430vx board, adaptec2940u, 64mb ram.
> >
> > Is this a known problem? If it's not, please advise me on how to provide
> > more usefull informations.
>
> Neil,
>
> This is the second report of corruption with RAID5.
>
> Do you know if any of your recent changes can be the reason?

Probably related.
There is growing evidence of problems when accessing a degraded array,
but I don't know if it is writing bad data, or reading incorrectly, or
just getting the parity calculation wrong...
I'll try to have a look, but with linux.conf.au coming up, it might
not be very soon.

NeilBrown

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:22    [W:0.067 / U:0.100 seconds]