SubjectRe: *** ANNOUNCEMENT *** LVM 0.9.1 beta1 available at
Anton, you write:
> Have a look at 2.4, arch/sparc64/kernel/ioctl32.c

> Would it be possible to clean up the ioctl interface so we dont need
> such large hacks for LVM support? I can do the work but I want to be
> sure you guys will agree to it.

What is the reason for all this? Alignment/wordsize/other? If you look
at the IOP10 code, much of the in-core data structs were changed to int
or long, so this sparc code may not be necessary. It may in fact be
damaging, because I don't know if any of the LVM developers even know it
is there, and surely it will be out of sync...

Cheers, Andreas
Andreas Dilger \ "If a man ate a pound of pasta and a pound of antipasto,
\ would they cancel out, leaving him still hungry?" -- Dogbert