    SubjectRe: *** ANNOUNCEMENT *** LVM 0.9.1 beta1 available at www.sistina.com
    Date
    Anton, you write:
    > Have a look at 2.4, arch/sparc64/kernel/ioctl32.c

    Yuk.

    > Would it be possible to clean up the ioctl interface so we dont need
    > such large hacks for LVM support? I can do the work but I want to be
    > sure you guys will agree to it.

    What is the reason for all this? Alignment/wordsize/other? If you look
    at the IOP10 code, much of the in-core data structs were changed to int
    or long, so this sparc code may not be necessary. It may in fact be
    damaging, because I don't know if any of the LVM developers even know it
    is there, and surely it will be out of sync...

    Cheers, Andreas
    --
    Andreas Dilger \ "If a man ate a pound of pasta and a pound of antipasto,
    \ would they cancel out, leaving him still hungry?"