SubjectRe: QUESTION: Network hangs with BP6 and 2.4.x kernels, hardware
Alan Cox wrote:

> > Frank, could you try what happens with the NMI oopser disabled?
> >
> > The second major difference I'm immediately aware of is the number of
> > the reschedule/tlb flush/etc interrupt: 2.2 uses the lowest priority,
> > 2.4 the highest priority.
>
> Im trying to remember what they were, but some APIC versions do have errata
> and someting about 3 irqs at the same priority level rings a bell.

The PPro local apic documentation says:
<<<<<<<
The processor's local APIC includes an in-service entry and a holding
entry for each priority level. To avoid losing interrupts, software
should allocate no more than 2 interrupt vectors per priority.

Ok, we must reorder the vector numbers for our own interrupts
(0xfb-0xff), but that doesn't explain our problems: we don't loose
reschedule interrupts, we have problems with normal interrupts - and
there we only use 2 irq at the same priority level.

Btw, the kick patch I sent a few minutes ago revives my io apic.

--
Manfred