    SubjectRe: Subtle MM bug
    > I looked at it a year or two ago myself, and came to the conclusion that I
    > don't want to blow up our page table size by a factor of three or more, so
    > I'm not personally interested any more. Maybe somebody else comes up with
    > a better way to do it, or with a really compelling reason to.

    There is only one reason I know for reverse page tables. That is ARM2/ARM3
    support - which is still not fully merged because of this issue

    The MMU on these systems is a CAM, and the mmu table is thus backwards to
    convention. (It also means you can notionally map two physical addresses to
    one virtual but thats undefined in the implementation ;))

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:28    [W:0.021 / U:125.816 seconds]