    SubjectRe: Oops in 2.4.0-ac5
    Hans Grobler wrote:

    > On Wed, 10 Jan 2001, Nathan Walp wrote:
    > > Here it is... I opted to cut out the 1200-odd warnings, which from the
    > > look of them were all because i'm running it under 2.4.0-ac4 (which
    > > boots fine).
    >
    > Thanks! My local mirror does not have -ac5 yet so I can't help
    > immediately. From the -ac5 log & the oops it looks as if Ingo's change
    > isn't quite complete yet...
    >
    > o Uniprocessor APIC support/NMI wdog etc (Ingo Molnar)
    >
    > Until then, what about disabling APIC support and trying again. This
    > will help confirm it... although it looks pretty definite.
    >
    > -- Hans

    I noticed (and was told by someone else) that it was APIC related. I
    looked, and realized that IO-APIC got selected between my compiles of
    ac4 and ac5. I recompiled ac5 w/o the IO-APIC stuff, and still got an
    oops. So, i recompiled without ANY APIC stuff, and it booted fine, but
    then had the same problems I was having w/ 2.4.1-pre1 related to X and
    (maybe) the framebuffer. But that's a whole different story that I
    think has been brought up in another thread.

    Guess I'm back to -ac4 for now ;-)

    Thanks,
    Nathan

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:28    [W:0.023 / U:1.932 seconds]