SubjectRe: Notebook disk spindown
Date
Andre Hedrick writes:
> You know that it would take me 25 minutes or less to fix the code if I had
> a full native taskfile. This would allow a (void *)(void) to be set in
> kernel apmd and have all the drive data and callouts.

Andre,

I totally fail to see how taskfile will fix the problem of apmd not
allowing my laptop to automatically suspend or hibernate.

Please explain how the ability to suspend/hibernate, which seems to
be dependent on apmd has to do with whether or not the kernel
provides taskfile, which apmd would not use.

Please, for your own sake, think about the problem being discussed
before posting "taskfile would fix that" comments.
_____
| | | | http://www.arm.linux.org.uk/personal/aboutme.html / / |
/ | THE developer of ARM Linux |+| /|\

  Last update: 2005-03-22 12:38    [W:0.106 / U:0.700 seconds]