    SubjectRe: linux kernel TCP, network connections and iptables
    On Thu, 7 Sep 2000 kuznet@ms2.inr.ac.ru wrote:

    :By any _formal_ criteria there is no DoS here. You reply with one packet
    :to each incoming packet and do not hold any state. Where is DoS?

    Maybe I did not make clear where the DoS is. Well my machine DOES NOT
    hang. But the NIC is busy replying thousands of RST's and thus it cannot
    even send a single packet outside to the pc next door. That is, its
    network is dead.

    :
    :Note, that as soon as you will try to remember state, you open way
    :for true DoSes. 8)
    :
    :Alexey
    :

    I did not say I want to remember states. I said to read what kernel
    has already in /proc/net/tcp but faster and kinda more native, to use
    it for a flash of a second.

    --
    George Athanassopoulos
    http://www.real.macedonia.gr