    SubjectRe: [OT] Re: Availability of kdb
    ** Reply to message from "J. Dow" <> on Thu, 7 Sep 2000
    02:50:37 -0700

    > Aw, Tigran, give the kid his hobby, OK? We can try to bang some
    > sense into his head and suggest ways his hobby could offer more
    > satisfaction from good results achieved and make it more fun for
    > the rest of us. But this IS his model train setup we're playing on. So
    > in the final analysis he gets to choose the means of train control we
    > use and everything else, as well.

    Well, if it really is just his hobby, then he shouldn't be chanting the "World
    Domination" mantra. Either Linux belongs to Linus, in which case it's
    irrelevant outside his personal world, or it is a tool for all computer users.
    If Linus really doesn't care who uses his OS, then he should not be encouraging
    community participation, and he shouldn't be accepting speaking engagements at
    major conventions where business users attend to decide whether Linux is for
    them or not.

    Timur Tabi -
    Interactive Silicon -

    When replying to a mailing-list message, please don't cc: me, because then I'll just get two copies of the same message.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 12:38    [W:0.023 / U:16.028 seconds]