    SubjectRe: zero-copy TCP
    Alan Cox wrote:
    > I've spent over 2 years trying to extract eepro100 server docs out of Intel
    > and failed. said:
    > Sounds familiar :-)

    Very familiar. I have a whole development environment for the i960RP
    (we use the processor on boards we make) and by looking at pictures
    I was able to figure out that it uses a standard PCI ethernet chipset
    on the secondary bus. I asked Intel, and no one said I could not have
    the information I wanted, I just got passed around until I got bored.

    All I needed out of Intel was a memory map (there was a PLD that I presume
    does address decoding) and a few hints how the prom monitor worked.

    If anybody has that stuff, I have a GPL development environment, built
    around gcc, that I can quickly (days?) port to the board, as I have
    considerable experience with the i960RP/RD processors.

    *sigh* It's pointless, isn't it?
    Steve Williams "The woods are lovely, dark and deep. But I have promises to keep, and lines to code before I sleep, And lines to code before I sleep."

      Last update: 2005-03-22 12:41    [W:0.019 / U:65.244 seconds]