SubjectRe: zero-copy TCP

lk@tantalophile.demon.co.uk said:
> Sounds familiar :-)

Very familiar. I have a whole development environment for the i960RP
(we use the processor on boards we make) and by looking at pictures
I was able to figure out that it uses a standard PCI ethernet chipset
on the secondary bus. I asked Intel, and no one said I could not have
the information I wanted, I just got passed around until I got bored.

All I needed out of Intel was a memory map (there was a PLD that I presume
does address decoding) and a few hints how the prom monitor worked.

If anybody has that stuff, I have a GPL development environment, built
around gcc, that I can quickly (days?) port to the board, as I have
considerable experience with the i960RP/RD processors.

*sigh* It's pointless, isn't it?
--
Steve Williams "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
steve@icarus.com But I have promises to keep,