Linus Torvalds wrote:

> On Wed, 6 Sep 2000, Chris Wedgwood wrote:
> >
> > There are several other structures that have the same problem; very
> > generic sounding members. I wonder would a patch changing struct page
> > to something like this be acceptable?
>
> No.
>
> What would be acceptable is something that understands C, and that can be
> used to follow these things. Like "tags".

How about something like cscope? It's sort of backwards if you're used to
tags, but I use it all the time here and have found it pretty useful in areas
that I'm not familiar with. Once they teach it how to handle assembly files
(they may have already, I don't know) it should be great for the kernel.

- Pete

  Last update: 2005-03-22 12:39    [W:0.245 / U:0.076 seconds]